WTM 4800: E-Band and Multi-Band Radio Platform
WTM 4800 is a unique new radio platform for E-Band and Multi-Band 5G transport applications. WTM 4800 Multi-Band is the industry’s simplest Multi-Band solution which significantly lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) compared to alternative Multi-Band solutions that rely on two, three and even four separate boxes.
Multi-Band is essential to 5G. 5G is all about mission critical use cases such as autonomous vehicles, remote healthcare, industrial machine-to-machine communications, which makes reliability a critical requirement for 5G transport networks. Multi-Band involves combining E-Band (70-80 GHz) with traditional microwave (6-42 GHz) on a single microwave link to drastically improve distance and reliability that can be typically achieved by E-Band alone. With WTM 4800, Aviat now offers the industry’s simplest and most integrated Multi-Band solution.
WTM 4800 Highlights:
- Operating frequencies from 71-76, 81-86 GHz (E-Band), plus optional 15, 18, 23 GHz (Multi-Band). Additional microwave frequencies for Multi-Band can be considered upon request;
- QPSK to 256QAM Modulation (E-Band);
- Channel sizes from 250 to 2000 MHz (E-Band);
- QPSK to 4096QAM Modulation (Microwave, Multi-Band);
- Channel sizes from 7 to 112 MHz (Microwave, Multi-Band);
- Dual microwave channel (Multi-Band) operation using Aviat A2C;
- FDD operation;
- Zero-footprint, all-outdoor design;
- 4x user traffic ports, with electrical/PoE and optical interface options, including 1/2.5/10 GE;
- Supported by Aviat Design tool for E-Band and Multi-Band link planning.
Link to download Case study: Multi-Band in the Real World – Case Study of Aviat’s Single Box Multi-Band Link:
Link to download White paper: High Capacity + Availability: Multi-Band is the right solution for 5G backhaul:
Link to download WTM 4800 Multi-Band Infographic: